Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

11 March 2014



First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro is hosted by bibliophilebythesea.



This is how it works: Write down either the first paragraph of a book your are currently reading / intending to read or read in the past and share with us. I do like a good opening!


This week I am reading: Sex in the Title by Zack Love


This is very different to my recent more serious reads, and that's why I love being a book blogger. The tag line for this book is: A Comedy about Dating, Sex and Romance in NYC (back when phones weren't so smart), and that's exactly what it is.

(Full review to follow later)

Chapter 1
"Your employment is terminated. I'm out of the office this morning for meetings but you should pack up your belongings by 1 p.m. today. Your last pay check will arrive in the mail."
That was the first email waiting for Evan on Monday morning, May 29, 2000, at the office where he had worked for the last two years. ChocaChump.com, the Internet-based chocolate home delivery company, was another dot-com whose days were numbered. About six weeks earlier, the NASDAQ had dropped more than twenty-five present from its peak in a single week.


Despite the opening of poor Evan losing his job, this is definitely a comedy which so far, makes me giggle. 




Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB at Should be reading. 

These are the rules  (taken directly from MizB's blog:)


• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

From 'Sex in the Title' by Zack Love


page 21
"Evan, you're calling me at ….1:30 a.m."
"I figured you'd be up…"
"I am up….Now that you called… And thanks to you, Tito's up now too."
'Who's Tito?"
"My Samoan boyfriend…"
"Samoan boyfriend?"
'Yeah, you know those guys from the Pacific Island who are about six-five and three hundred pounds?"
"Is he really Samoan?"
Evan heard a stentorian voice in the background say: "Gimme that phone."


page 22
"Can you roll over and play dead?" the redhead asked, as her sophomoric gang broke into laughs.
"Only if I've got someone to roll with," Evan replied. It was the best answer that came to mind, but he knew it wasn't great.
'You're way too old for us to roll with you!" the shorter brunette quipped.
"How old do I look?" Evan replied, suddenly more concerned about the true answer than what it would ultimately mean for this particular encounter. 


Tell me what you think, my bookish friends. Would you pick up this comedy?