Currently I'm reading: Jenseits vom Tatort by Horst Brandt

About Me

Followers

Add me

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Page visits

Follow me on

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Powered by Blogger.

Peggy Farooqi is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.

6 June 2014



Feature and Follow is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. Head over to their blogs to check them out. 

Feature and Follow is exactly what it says… a weekly feature of two chosen blogs, and a question or a task for us to participate in. 


The aim is to get new followers to your blog and, of course, follow other blogs out there and get to know other bloggers, browse their blogs, leave comments and find stuff which interests you. For me, apart from books of course, this is what book blogging is all about - connect with others and chat about our favourite hobby.



And guess what??? This week, I am featured! Yeah :)
Welcome everyone to my blog - take a look around. And thanks to Parajunkee and Alison.


This weeks question:
What are your non-book guilty pleasures? Like TV shows, food, websites, hobbies, etc.


I work full time, and sometimes carry a pager as well, so often there simply isn't enough for anything else apart from reading and blogging. I do spend a lot of time on my laptop! My family also consist of 1 hubby, 3 children (20, 18 and 15 years), 1 dog and 5 cats so it's never boring in the Farooqi household. 

I also enjoy knitting and cross stitch needlecraft - have to be in the mood for it though. I like walking (power walking and rambling).

I don't actually watch a lot of TV any more. About a year ago or so, the TV in my study broke down, and I kind of didn't get to replace it and got used to not having one. Now I don't even miss it. We do have a TV in the lounge where my husband and the children mostly watch. I know it sounds silly, but I don't have the patience to sit in front of the TV and only watch - if I do, I'll take a book or the laptop and kind of watch TV as well. I'm not a gaming person at all - just doesn't tempt me at all, not even the simplest games i.e. Solitaire. 

Food? Yes, I am a Food Lover. Sweet, savoury - anything. That's why I'm a serial diet club attender :) 



Interview Questions:


When did you start blogging?

I have posted my first blog post on January 1st 2014.  I have had a general blog for a few years, talking about my family, needlework and books.  Over the Christmas Holidays 2013 I decided to log books I read in a separate blog and chat about it a bit so I came up with the idea of a book blog. Did some online research - wow, and the whole big world of book blogging opened up to me. I loved it straight away and thought: "yes, that's what I want to do!"

What is your favorite part of book blogging?

Being in contact with like-minded people and authors. I would love to be able to write books, so I still feel honored when I receive a book and asked to review it. I would not have picked up many of the new authors otherwise and I'm truly amazed at the quality of their work (most of them anyway!). Also, no-one in my family is an avid / crazy reader like me, so it's only my fellow bloggers who can understand the excitement of a new book and a book shop.

What type of books do you mainly blog about?

I run a weekly feature on my favourite author Stephen King. My favourite genres are dystopian, crime, thriller and horror but I try to keep my reading very much open to almost anything. I also review quite a few non-fiction books, mainly on language learning, writing manuals, craft related, dieting. 

What is your favorite book(s)?

It would have to be Stephen King's The Stand and 22.11.63. 
Donna Tartt The Secret History
Kazuo Ishiguro Never Let me Go

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?
It feels good to receive emails from publisher, asking me if they can send me books to read. It seems pretty obvious- but for me, it is still amazing that people want to hear my opinion. The Internet and my blog give me the chance to chat books to just about anyone, in any place around the world,  which is just great.  
----

Welcome again on my blog and Happy Reading everyone

Peggy x







The rules are all explained here in detail by Parajunkee.